PROVIDENCE - Investigators say a discarded cigarette is to blame for a
fire that forced two Providence families out in the cold after flames badly
damaged their home.
It happened just after noon at a two-family home on Prudence Ave.
There was heavy smoke and flames when crews arrived.
Firefighters initially believed 3 children were trapped
in the building ... but they found no one inside the home when they got there.
Neighbors we spoke with say a pregnant woman also lived in
"I feel sorry for Christmas and Thanksgiving... now
people have no home. It's going to be sad," said IrmaTejeda, who lives nearby.
The Red Cross is assisting the families.
(c) WLNE-TV 2013
10 Orms Street Providence, R.I. 02904
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WLNE.
All Rights Reserved.