The Rhode Island State Police arrested 11 suspects involved in child pornography, several of whom may work in contact with children.
The Computer Crimes Unit/Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force joined by the United States Marshals Sex Offender Law Enforcement Multidisciplinary Network and the U.S. Secret Service took part in the investigation identifying people involved in sharing child pornographic images online.
After obtaining search warrants, the teams found multiple images and videos of child pornography in the suspects' residences. The alleged suspects are:
1. Daniel MacDuff, 19, of Dartmouth Avenue, Providence
2. Robert Greenwood, 40, of Barrows Street, Providence
3. Jason Martins, 30, of Providence Avenue, East Providence
4. Michael McDonald, 66, of Cottage Avenue, Portsmouth
5. Eduardo Guzman, 19, of Pleasant Street, Providence
6. William Morgan, 30, of Maverick Street, Marblehead, Massachusetts
7. Donald Moore, 65, of Staples Avenue, Warwick
8. Scott Samford, 35, of Moosehorn Avenue, East Greenwich
9. William Simcock, 19, of Heaton Orchard Road, Richmond
10. Steven Mann, 25, of Tiogue Avenue, Coventry
11. Gregory Rickenbacher, 28, of Union Street, Providence
According to a press release issued by the Rhode Island State Police, Scott Samford is a bus monitor for the East Greenwich School District. Gregory Rickenbacher is in his third year at the University of New Englad medical school, working at Kent Hospital. William Morgan is a physics teacher at Marblehead High School, and Steven Mann is a member of the Rhode Island National Guard.
MacDuff, Greenwood, Martins, Guzman and Rickenbacher were arraigned on charges of Possession of Child Pornography and Transfer of Child Pornography Thursday at Sixth Division District Court.
Morgan, Moore, Samford and Mann were arraigned on charges of Possession of Child Pornography and Transfer of Child Pornography Thursday at Third Division District Court, Warwick.
McDonald was arraigned on charges of Possession of Child Pornography and Transfer of Child Pornography at Second Division District Court, Newport.
Simcock was arraigned on charges of Possession of Child Pornography and Transfer of Child Pornography at Fourth Division District Court, Wakefield.
Those suspects were released on personal recognizance but ordered no contact with minors and no access to Internet.
Robert Greenwood was held by the court as a bail violator on prior charges including Second Degree Child Abuse, Assault on an Impaired Person, Simple Assault and Disorderly conduct. Bail on Greenwood's new charge was set at $5,000 with surety; he was ordered no contact with minors and no access to the Internet.