A gas leak at Norton High School force students and teachers to evacuate the school for about an hour today.
Superintendent Joseph Baeta said the school has been doing renovations and a crew was on the roof testing equipment. He says they believe one of the heating units back fired, causing exhaust to go back into the school.
Students and teachers were evacuated outside then to an elementary school across the street.
They were given the all clear to return at 1:35 PM and released from school at there normal time.