By Sean Cahill
An Estate sale of Newport's Historic Swanhurst Manor House will be offering a wide range of antiques, fine and decorative art, furniture, and fashion when it begins on October 18-20, 2013.
There are items ranging from $5–$5000 and many items that are still boxed, with the wide variety of antiques and furniture in pristine condition.
Some highlighted estate sale items include:
· Fine French Provencal and English antiques
· High end furnishings including lighting, mirrors
· Home decorations from Lillian August, Maitland–Smith, Horchow, Gumps, Domain and Bloomingdales
· Large works of art and lovely decorative prints
· Tableware from Versace Barocco, Tracy Porter and majolica dinner services and serving pieces, silver and silver plate table items
· Crystal and glassware by Baccarat, Steuben, Daum, Murano, Simon Pearce, Erte Flutes, Waterford
· Vintage fashion from designers Bob Mackie and Christopher Ross
The Manor was built in 1851, and was one of the first of a dozen Newport Mansions built along Bellevue Avenue. Swanhurst Manor is scheduled to be auctioned off on October 12th.
© WLNE- TV 2013
10 Orms Street Providence, R.I. 02904
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WLNE.
All Rights Reserved.