By Gilannie Pangburn
As a result of Monday's flash floods the Rhode Island emergency management agency compiled some information that resident should keep in mind as they return to their homes or work toward recovery.
RIEMA states that residents should stay away from hazardous materials, water, and propane tanks.
- Standing water may be unsanitary water
- Do not walk or play in flood waters; Six inches of moving water can make you fall
- Raw sewage and septic failure may be apparent, avoid contact if possible
- Be cautious at night when it is harder to recognize flood danger
- Stay away from debris
- If you see or smell anything dangerous, call 911
For information on how to report damage and/ or request information for child care services, food assistance or sheltering please visit http://www.211.ri.org/ or call 211.
© WLNE-TV 2013/ RIEMA
10 Orms Street Providence, R.I. 02904
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WLNE.
All Rights Reserved.