A Fairhaven woman suffered second degree burns over 30 percent of her body including her face after she caught herself on fire on Monday morning.
The 49-year-old had just put rubbing alcohol on her face to treat her skin and then lit a cigarette which caused her face too catch fire. The fire spread to her body and cloths before the woman was able to start the shower and jumped in dosing the flames.
Fire fighters responded to the scene at 41 Bayview Ave around 7 a.m. to find the fire out but the woman suffering from burns. She was transported by helicopter to Massachusetts General Hospital to be treated. She is currently listed in critical condition.