Rhode Island Release
Rhode Island (6-16, 1-6 Atlantic 10) tied the game on a 3-pointer by Xavier Munford with 2:18 remaining, but St. Bonaventure finished the game on a 9-3 run to win 67-61 Saturday.
The Bonnies (11-11, 4-5 A-10) outscored Rhody 41-29 in the second
half, thanks in large part to guard Eric Mosley, who scored 15 of his
game-high 23 points after the break. Mosley hit five shots from beyond
the arc in the second half. During the first half, Rhode Island held St.
Bonaventure to just 1-of-9 on 3-point attempts. The Bonnies shot 46.4
percent from the floor after halftime.
Inside the Box Score
* Xavier Munford once again led the Rams in scoring, finishing with 18 points. It was his seventh straight game in double figures, and the 19th time this season. He added four rebounds, three assists and two steals.
* Senior Andre Malone was the only other Ram to reach double figures, scoring 10.
* Hare added three blocked shots, giving him a team-high 42 for the season.
* Senior Alwayne Bigby had four points, three rebounds and one assist in 14 minutes off the bench.
* After shooting a combined 85 percent from the free throw line in the previous two games, Rhode Island cooled off at the line. The Rams were 18-of-26 (69.2 percent) from the line Wednesday.
* The Rams struggled in the turnover department, committing 18, well above their season average of 12.3 per game.